2012-01-27

Mobile Home 1, circa 1974

This was my first attempt to design a mobile home that didn't look like an overinflated van or a box on wheels.  Among other things it featured four front driven wheels, a truly huge windscreen and nice big bumpers for crash absorbing. Built in jacks would extend for parking and parts of it would expand to provide more room.



The weight of that huge windscreen was on my mind so I thought maybe you would have a second real safety glass one inside at a more reasonable size and angle, and the outer one would be lighter, thinner plastic just for the aerodynamic sleekness.

As you can see it was drawn on the center two pages from an exercise book as all my early drawings were. Unfortunately most of my early drawings are long lost, although some were sold to a friend on the schoolbus !

After careful consideration I reasoned that this vehicle would really be too small to live in so I started design work on a bigger machine, which will be seen next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment